Be free-floating, allowing the situation to surround you, and be in it. Take in the full surroundings, including the temperature of the water.
This may bring incredible clarity, presence and focus. This is what is means to be a jellyfish.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Music Monday! Wake Me Up

Yes, please. Someone Wake Me Up

I can't believe how much I slept all weekend. Naps were frequent, if short, and actually I loved being so lazy ~ at first. 

But I knew things had gone too far when I actually contemplated going to pick up the pizza in my pajamas.



I had been in pajamas all weekend actually. Well, not the same ones, I did shower Saturday, but put on new pajamas. So Sunday night, when I actually considered going out in my PJ's, I knew something was off.

This morning, I was well on my way to another day of PJ's and couch time, dozing off at 8:30am! What the heck is wrong with me? (I like to blame an evil couch, it has this effect on many that come to our house.) I knew this rabbit hole I was going down was not going to be full of adventure, it very well could become a downward spiral.

I had to brake the cycle! I decided against a run (again - been several days now, but that is another thing that is 'off', still figuring that out). I showered and went grocery shopping instead. THAT will wake you up! Monday before Thanksgiving at the grocery store. Never again, but at least I accomplished something today.

I heard this song on the radio, and it was the only one I could connect to today. The lyrics are great, it is an upbeat song, a good collaboration


So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself
And I didn't know I was lost

photo: Raige Creations
So I got through the day, I have a list of things to get done, and I can actually cross off a few! I believe this difficult time will pass, soon. The money stresses will ease, my path will show itself, I will not have to wonder, wait, or question every move I make. 

I may be lost a little right now, but at least I am on the journey. I don't know where it will end, but I have a house full of groceries, and I may find myself in jammies much of the upcoming holiday, But my eyes will be open.

I love when a song can help me get through, and help bring me out of a funk. What song has helped you get out of a rut?

2 comments:

  1. Usually just listening to anything by Karen Carpenter or Norah Jones helps me out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Karen Carpenter when I am cooking for some strange reason. It makes me want to put on an apron....

    ReplyDelete

Share you thoughts!