Daily Blogging is Damn Hard! NaBloPoMo Prompt

Tell us what you have learned so far from daily blogging.
The NaBloPoMo prompt from Friday.

Always a day late with the prompts, but here is some of what I have learned.
  • I learned daily bloggin is damn hard. 
  • I learned it means forcing myself to write even when I don't want to. 
  • I learned that some days it is okay to just blog about the mood of the day, and other days it really helps to have prompts.
  • I learned it keeps me from proofing and changing my posts 10 gazillion times before I post it. 
  • I learned it makes me re-write entire posts.
  • I learned the delete key is easy to hold down.
  • I learned sometimes it is okay to share that thing I wasn't sure I should share.
  • I learned it is okay to not include a picture with every post. (Even though I feel I MUST...ADD PICTURE....with this ten-second-attention-span world we live in.)
  • I learned some days I am writing just for myself.
  • I learned some days I am writing for other people, and those are the days that I hold the delete key down the most.
  • I learned how much I love to read comments from perfect strangers.
  • I learned there are so many others, just like me even though they are nothing like me. 
  • I learned that no matter how hard I try, I am always a day (or more) late in posting what I wanted to post yesterday. But I am still posting.
  • I learned that I am not funny enough. Not clever enough. Not witty enough. Not original enough. But really I don't care.
  • I learned that even though it is hard to blog every day, I am achieving a step on the road to my ultimate goal of earning a living through writing.
  • I learned that this hard work is the only way to achieve my goal. It is helping me become a writer.

Blogging every day ain't easy, sweetie, but the rewards are great.

I babble, I type exactly what is coming out of my head, I struggle with trying too hard, and not hard enough, I am deleting entire drafts, I am starting over, I am insisting on 'that is just how I want it', and I am just accepting 'that is good enough'

I am typing my heart out. Each and every day.

For someone who 'is not a writer', but wants to be, this is just the right thing to introduce the thinking of 'I am a writer'

What have you learned from blogging? Have you tried to do it every day for a month? Any tips or tricks to keeping that 'not a writer' thing out of your head? Is daily blogging a good way to become a better writer?

Comments

  1. Whooo! Awesome. I like the "I'm not funny part." I'm not funny either. Or if I am, it's rare. Sometimes I think that if I could figure out how to be funny, I'd be more popular (writing-wise) but that's not me... so it makes me own my writing more. (I think that might be kind of backwards. :-/ )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I guess that is what I was trying to say, I own my writing more. I don't worry so much about the 'being funny'. If it happens, it happens. And yes, it is rare. If I am it is when I am telling a story involving hubby, he makes me laugh.

    As long as we write, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When did you get into my head??? :) Every day you write what I'm thinking!

    You are a fine writer, don't beat yourself up. Writing is all about you and making yourself happy. If people don't like it they don't have to read it. But they're just jealous because they can't write and you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, Kathleen. I guess I didn't realize I was a psychic...lol.

    I feel like I used to write better when I didn't post every day, or pressure myself like I am now. But really looking back at posts, they were hit and miss too.
    I will just write. and then they will come, right?

    thanks so much for reading, and your lovely comments! I love them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread