Be free-floating, allowing the situation to surround you, and be in it. Take in the full surroundings, including the temperature of the water.
This may bring incredible clarity, presence and focus. This is what is means to be a jellyfish.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday Runday ~ Relax

Second full day at home, doing home things, and I love it! I am much more relaxed today, in leggings and a big-ass old stained sweatshirt, and my fuzzy socks

It is amazing what 2 days in a row off can do. For one, I got back to running. I took 2 days off this week, and could run more today than the last workout. Plus, I still have 5 days working out for the week. 
Rest is good!

Still 5 days on the calendar for the week!
photo courtesy of Raige Creations
(This is what I want my calendar to look like most of the time, between 4 and 5 workouts, walking or running, each week.)

Believe it or not, this run today WAS relaxing for me today. There was no rushing, nothing plaguing my mind that I had to get done today (except for dinner, which I thankfully already have planned as Chicken and Noodles! recipe here). Oh, and getting a blog in today for NaBloWriMo, still keeping with that goal of making writing more a part of my life.

Today, my run could be as fast or as slow as I wanted. I could take my time, run if I felt it, walk if I had enough running. No pressures of the rest of the day. Writing could be done on the couch, with my family, at my pace, no rushing to finish because I had to get out the door. Beautiful. 

The best kind of run.

photo courtesy of Pinterest
I hope you remember to take some time for yourself, keep calm, and relax! Happy Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. YES to everything in this post! Rest can be so good. 2 or 3 days off and I'm ready to go! Glad you had a nice, relaxed run :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like, I like!!! I wish Blogger had a "like" button. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hard part is when you have taken those two days, then run one, then want to take another 2 days, right?
    Thanks Okie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dakota, I so wish there was a like button here too!!!!
    thanks.
    :D

    ReplyDelete

Share you thoughts!