Be free-floating, allowing the situation to surround you, and be in it. Take in the full surroundings, including the temperature of the water.
This may bring incredible clarity, presence and focus. This is what is means to be a jellyfish.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dang, it's October 1st! NaBloWriMo begins, I think I need a mantra or two....

As I gained consciousness this morning, I was wrangling the tasks to do today in my head. It is going to be a full, busy day, dealing with lots of people. That alone is enough to make me feel I have to prepare, not to mention the errands I have to run as well. Each on their own is draining, together, almost too much.

I almost wrote on the fridge board Terrible Tuesday. But not wanting to spread negativity to the kids, I wrote this:
Wishful thinking perhaps.
At least some great art was in view.
Sculpture done by my daughter.

photo courtesy Raige Creations.
Determined to make the best of this day, I got right down to folding laundry (yest at 7am), as I had put that off for far too long. Then it hit me.

October 1st.

I lost a little of the positivity I had mustered. Where had the time gone? How did it get to be October already?!

Then I remembered NaBloWriMo, on top of everything else. NaBloWriMo = National Blog Writing Month.
A blog post a day for the whole month of October. 
Can I really do it? Do I really need to add this to my long list of things I have to get done?!

In a funny way, this is just what I need. Jump right into the change, jump right into the writing that I want to establish and grow.

Instead of finishing up the business paperwork that needs to be done, instead of sending the pile of emails I need to, instead of getting my walk slash run in, I am here writing. The dog needs a bath, and oh---what do I plan for dinner??? 

If we don't make time for our passions, sometimes they slip away. So here I am writing. I will catch up with the rest of my tasks later. Maybe. At least I will be on my way to the new direction, embracing the changes that need to be done. It may turn out to be a Terrific Tuesday after all.

If I keep saying that, it just might work. I am not usually one for mantras, but today I just might need it. 
It will be a Terrific Tuesday! 
It will be a Terrific Tuesday! 
It will be a Terrific Tuesday! 

Do mantras work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!