Music Monday! Kodachrome



A while back it was one of my goals, along with writing, to take more pictures with a real camera, not my phone. But I find myself not wanting to carry the heavier camera around, and worry about having the card in there. (yes, digital...I can hardly remember the last time we actually used film!) 

It was 1973 when Paul Simon sang the pleas: 'Mama don't take my Kodachrome away'. But alas, his pleas went unheard. Today is a world of digital photos, camera phones, and online storage of our life in pictures.

So I carry my phone with me nearly everywhere, and snap pictures when the mood strikes. It is difficult to take them when I am running, which happens to be one of the few times I actually have time to take pictures. But today, it was a more difficult run day, so I walked more. And I took some pictures. 
Half-way to full on Fall
photo courtesy of Raige Creations

Sadly, I was shocked to see these trees. Isn't it early to have the trees changing?
Fall Path
photo courtesy of Raige Creations
Plus, so many leaves falling, collecting at the end of my driveway! Are we really ready for this? 

I guess we can't cling to the past, or to the summer. Time to embrace our pretty decent cell phone cameras. Time to enjoy the sweater-weather of Autumn. That is one thing I enjoy about fall, digging out my sweaters.

What is your favorite thing about Autumn? 

Comments

  1. The camera is heavy to lug around. I actually just took it out today (in order to follow my goal of taking 1 picture a day), and it was heavy! But I do like practicing. Maybe I need to hire someone to follow me around and hold it for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite thing about Autumn is the colors. I love the rich depth and brilliant range of Autumn hues--simply breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you will get used to carrying your camera, Okie! Give it at least 3 days, and by then it won't be so bad.

    I love the colors of Autumn too, especially here in the mountains, it is breathtaking! I am just not ready for it, but I really never am. It always comes on too fast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread