Be free-floating, allowing the situation to surround you, and be in it. Take in the full surroundings, including the temperature of the water.
This may bring incredible clarity, presence and focus. This is what is means to be a jellyfish.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Perspective

photo courtesy of Structure in an Unstructured Life on FB
Would you care if you were a couple days late paying that cable bill?

Would you care if you left that laundry in the living room for 2 days waiting to be folded?

Would you think you should have taken that day off and spent it with family, or would you be glad you did?

Even though I didn't get this posted yesterday (late for NaBloWriMo again!), I am sure glad I did take the time to enjoy yesterday.

Keep things in perspective.

2 comments:

  1. I try really hard to remember this... I am not always successful. Sometimes it is because I'm so jumpy and I get so irritated when things are a mess that I really have to clean in order to make it tolerable. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, trust me Dakota, I am a 'react-er'. I react, poorly, then realize how silly that was, and then try to keep it in perspective.
    It is a process.

    That's why I like to have these kinds of sayings around. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Share you thoughts!