Be free-floating, allowing the situation to surround you, and be in it. Take in the full surroundings, including the temperature of the water.
This may bring incredible clarity, presence and focus. This is what is means to be a jellyfish.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Walking on Wednesday ~ The Journey Through Year End Crap

I finally forced myself.

I finally started gathering all the year end stuff, in preparation for tax time.

Actually, I stressed myself right into it. 
Image courtesy of anankkml / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

We were going over our monthly expenses (always so much fun) and I realized I should really go ahead and get everything in a spreadsheet so we can better budget this year. 

So I had to find all the expenses, and doing so I realized I needed to update quite a bit businesswise to have good totals for year end. I was quite behind. (I am sure, if you read this blog regularly, you are not at all surprised, you know I teeter between giving in to the pressure (aka LATE) or pushing through.)

I like to have a handle on things at least by February so that all I have to do is wait for all the reports to arrive from the various places they need to. Not early, but definitely not late. This is one area that I refuse to be late.

So far, I am on track if I keep at it. But if I don't...well I am not going there right now. 

I am curious, are you an 'early tax preparer' or 'in the nick of time tax preparer'?

4 comments:

  1. My business taxes were easy this year - I had 4 sales, none of which were in my state, just I just had to report it, nothing to pay. Did that on 1 Jan, online.
    Personal taxes, I try to get done as early as possible. Last year, I went a bit too early and had to do an amendment for a bit extra back. This year, I've got a whole new ballgame, because we're married now and he got a job in October. Oh yea, and the college stuff (which I am so glad to be almost done with)... Like you, I'm just waiting for the important stuff to arrive. *mental note - sign up for as many electronic deliveries as possible*
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to have to go back and amend - yuck! Poor you. Hopefully this year will be easier. As long as we are not late, I am ok with waiting for the forms in the mail I need, but compiling all the business stuff sucks. The B&M shop stuff can get confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since my daughter has been in college, we have had to do our taxes right at the beginning of February. So last year I told myself I was going to stay on track with everything to make my end of the year paperwork easier. I am happy I did that, cause It only took me about a day to get everything ready to go for the accountant :)

    Now that you have it started everything it should be a whole lot easier to finish it up. Don't stress yourself out, it will be over soon.

    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have started earlier I keep thinking. But yes, a start makes the whole thing a bit easier. Counting the days until its over. Thanks Valerie.

      Delete

Share you thoughts!