Walking on Wednesday ~ late again

Story of my life. 
Oh Crap I'm Late Again Clock
My mother was always late. Growing up, we were never super late, always five or ten minutes late. Not too late to miss much, but always late enough to miss the beginning. I vowed to not be like that of course. But some things are just inevitable. 

As I got older and functioned on my own time, I got to be less late. But still late just the same. I usually made it within the first five minutes of something, and even sometimes right on time. I never did manage to say I was actually early for something. 
Rum Point, Grand Cayman
Then I moved to the Caribbean, where late is the norm. Everything moved slower, perhaps the heat and beauty slowed everyone down. It was perfectly acceptable to be late. In fact, if you were on time or even (gasp) early, you were often all alone and then eyed suspiciously by those who showed up at the assumed proper start time, fifteen to thirty minutes after the stated time.
Buffalo, NY
Then we moved back to the States, up north even, where things move way faster, maybe because it so darn cold for so darn long each year. Add to that all winter you have to start out early to shovel the snow off the driveway. People talk faster, they walk faster, and god forbid you are late for something. Everyone there is early or at the very least on time. Latecomers are frowned upon.

But we continued at our normal pace. Always late. In fact, hubby has even taken it to the next level. His 'give me a minute' is actually at least ten. If our departure time is in thirty minutes, that is when he starts to get ready to go, and not a minute before. 
Asheville, NC
Now we are half way between the super fast of the north and the leisurely south. I have gotten accustomed to this mid-way time. Where we are in a city in the middle of nature. Some are early, some are on time, and some are late. 

I can live with that. I have even gotten better at arriving somewhere on time, usually I am alone when this happens and it doesn't happen that often. I am back to five to ten minutes late. With hubby, that time goes to fifteen to thirty minutes, but who's counting. (okay, I count and sometimes that extra ten to 20 minutes drives me crazy....)

As you have noticed, I have been late in posting my blog as well. Sadly my lateness has carried over into my blogging. I guess it was inevitable. Perhaps it took longer that it should have, but now I am at that spot ~ Late again.

I think it is just part of who we are. We are either early, right on time, or we are taking our sweet time and showing up when we are darn ready. 

What category do you fit in?  
I'm on Island Time tee

Hopefully you all can change your inner clocks to island time for this little jellyfish. (me)

First because then this post won't really be late, it will be right on time. 

And second, because it really doesn't matter whether you are early, on time, or late. 

What matters is that you showed up.

Comments

  1. I am always EARLY! I really do try to be late sometimes, but I have some kind of natural clock that makes me arrive early or RIGHT ON time. Ug! It can be frustrating because as you said you show up & no one else is there.

    Ha ha! Fantastic post - enjoyed it & all of your photos. what a fantastic clock :)

    Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, it often times depends on the reason... where am I going? what am I doing? that often dictates as to whether I am on time, late or even early. Do I really wanna go? then I'm early or on time. Am I dreading the event? then I'm more than likely late, but maybe on time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was younger as a family we were always late, always. As I got older I find that I tend to be on time more often then not. Like you I have a husband who likes to wait till the last minute and make us late, and it drives me crazy too. Great post, it does not feel late to me, I think it's perfect timing.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I'm late and some times I'm early lol I am never set for one or the other. LOL majority of the time i am late =X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread