Under Pressure

Under Pressure.
The pressures of life, we feel them.
We are either weighed down by them, crushed by them, or we grow stronger because of them.

This week, I have experienced pressure.
Pressure from the obligations of life. Pressure I impose on myself. Pressure others put on me.

I have been weighed down, nearly crushed, but ultimately I have grown stronger, as I am still here, still going. The pressures don't have to get the best of us. And that is something we sometimes forget when we are feeling the pressure. We can let the pressure get the best of, but it is just as simple to overcome the pressure, and tackle each one as it appears.


I was imposing on myself the pressure to write, on top of the month end pressures the business requires, along with the housekeeping pressures that always exist, the time pressures that never let up, the creative pressures I long to take more time on. All with the self imposed disgust from not running in almost an entire month. Not even walking! 

Well, it was easy taking some of the pressure off by just starting to write. I decided to take just 15 minutes and start. I also started to enforce time limits on my other tasks. Get as many chores done before 'X' time, spend 'X' time on learning Quickbooks, spend 'X' time and get at least one pair of Toekini's made. 

And the pressure has eased. Plus, I remembered that humor is a vital part of getting through the day. To ease the pressure more, I realized I can fit each of my weekly series, of which I have done none of as yet this week, into this one post! Injected with a wee bit of humor, to ease the pressure even more.
Music Monday! Two for Tuesday - Under Pressure / Ice Ice Baby
Walking on Wednesday - Pressure - see text above.

Thought for Thursday - All the pressures of life can never hurt you unless you let it in.
Friday Find - Self imposed pressure is the most difficult one to deal with, but ultimately the most rewarding. 

I got month end done, am keeping up with the housework (as best as I can), made 2 Toekini's this week, and got a whole week's worth of writing in right here! Next week I will get back to incorporating my walks, and maybe runs too, if I don't let it become a huge pressure. 

We can handle pressure! We just can't let it the best of us.

Comments

  1. Great post! I feel pressure all the time, and this was a great reminder, to just ease up on myself things will still get done.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread