Music Monday! November Rain

I understand that it's not Monday, and that it is not November either. But in an effort to get the first two posts of NaBloWriMo in before I get further behind, I am posting this very special song.

November Rain, by Guns N' Roses, came out in June 1992, just over 20 years ago. It was that summer, that my life took a turn I wasn't expecting. It was that summer, and during this song, that I knew I was going on the best adventure ever.


I met hubby that summer, and he introduced me to this song. We listened to it alone, in a dark room, and it was then (or thereabouts) that I knew  that he was someone I always wanted to be with.

We just celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary, but really celebrated being together for 20 years. So I could not think about way back then without thinking of this song. A beautiful song with a sweeping orchestral background that leaves quite an impression, especially in a dark room with just two people in it. 

It really has been a roller coaster, our lives together. A crazy, fun, full of excitement, full of crazy times, wonderful thing. But I always did love roller coasters, and I still do. There is never a dull moment, or, well so few they are a nice break from the climbing up and speeding down life's crazy track. It is a ride I have never been sorry I stepped into, and I am thankful for every day on it.


Hard to believe 20 years have gone by. But at least we are sitting in the front seat, arms up, and enjoying the ride.

And as if I don't have enough going on already, I have decided to challenge myself again this year with NaBloWriMo, but more on that later.

Comments

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread