Walking on Wednesday ~ Do You Fondue?

"Do you Fondue?" I eagerly asked the deli manager at Ingles. No it is not 1977, it is 2012 and I was excited to be bringing a touch of retro into our Chamber of Commerce Ribbon Cutting reception. We wanted chocolate covered strawberries, but the cost and time it would take to achieve this was much more than I could handle. But Fondue...hey that could be a fun interactive way to enjoy the same thing.

The deli manager and I brainstormed this idea and I panicked a little having never 'fondued' before. So I asked her if she had. She, being of the right generation to have enjoyed it back in 1977, got this gleam in her eye and knowingly smiled saying "Yes, I do", reassuring me it really is quite easy. 

Over to the chocolate melting chips we went and she hooked me up with all I would need, save the actual fondue pot. 

"Oh, I have the perfect one", I thought. It is a beautiful copper one that we picked up at an auction. But I had some shining up to do.

Copper shines up pretty easy with a touch of Comet, so that is what I just spend my morning doing, day of big event. (Always waiting until the last minute, of course.) I went to the store at 8am to get the Sterno, came home and scrubbed.

So now I am ready to fondue.  I love chocolate, and pairing it with various fruits, how can it be bad for you? wink wink.

We will see how it all turns out later this afternoon. It will be the perfect retro touch to our Chamber event and opening of the fine are exhibition Colors In Time at Blue Rage of Asheville, where yesterday, today, and tomorrow are there for you to enjoy. 

I haven't walked slashed ran all week in preparation for this event, but now at least I can say "I DO fondue!" That is a fair trade off, don't you think?

How about you? Do you fondue??

Comments

  1. Hehehe! I too am of the right generation.....and I indeed fondue!

    Great post! Good Luck with the event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh I remember that so well from the dinner parties my mother gave growing up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mom never tried fondue...but I am definitely going to try it again...yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread