Music Monday! Hooked on a Feeling

Yup. Hooked on this song apparently.
I heard it on the radio driving in to town the other day.
I cranked up the volume, and sang along as loud as I could.
And then over the weekend it came up in conversation...can't remember that conversation now but I got to hear it again. And there it has been in my head, stuck.

Every time I hear it, I want to sing it, and sing it loud.
I like sing along songs, particularly since singing is good for you.
Plus, both sing and dance are on this great list of advice for living.

What a GREAT feeling that was in the car, though! There is something so liberating about singing alone in the car while your driving. I hadn't let loose like that since, well at least since before the lockdown. And honestly, I didn't let loose much before that because traffic was so bad people sitting in cars right next to me would have seen me blaring out the song and doing a little dance sitting behind the steering wheel and that would have just been weird.

The other day? Traffic was so little no one was stuck next to me having to witness such craziness. I was all alone with my craziness. That in itself was a great feeling. Thank the lockdown for less traffic. Though we have been slowly opening up, traffic wasn't too bad. I had a safe space in my car, to belt it out good.

But seriously, there really is a great feeling singing at the top of your lungs to a great feel good song, and getting to say ooga chaka over and over and over and over again. And in this video, what about those boots, those are pretty crazy too.


Blue Swede's version of Hooked on a Feeling, a cover of the original, is the one I remember from when I was a kid.  I probably heard it on the AM Radio in my parents kitchen when it reached #1 on the US charts in 1974, and then was played for years and years afterwards on that AM Radio station. It is probably the one most referenced, in the movies it saw a real resurgence with Gardians of the Galaxy back in 2017. (a great movie series....).

It sure is one of those songs that gets in your head, but in a good way! Just humming the tune lifts the mood. Maybe some of that great feeling is knowing or remembering someone loves you, or you love someone. Love. Knowing everything is alright because of that love.

Perhaps just what is needed for a Monday. You can ooga chaka through the day, and it won't be so bad of a day! It makes for an awesome car ride too, traffic or not. I probably would sing this out even if there were people staring at me in the next car over.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread