Music Monday! Float On

Another Monday, another week of what the heck will happen this week?

source
And we are just floating around waiting for the next WFT moment.
I say, it is time to enjoy some Modest Mouse then and we can all float on together.



Alright, already, we'll all float on, alright
Don't worry, even if things end up a bit too heavy
We'll all float on
Alright, already

I kind of love that the video has the band in a little puppet show, moving around with magnets. Being controlled by someone. Read into that what you will, I sure we could draw some real life parallels.
And then there are the sheep. All singing along, as we float along. Perhaps another real life parallel can be found here. But I won't be drawing or finding any parallels today, it is Monday after all.

Asked about the song in an interview with The A.V. Club, Isaac Brock, the lead vocalist and guitarist for the band, said that he consciously intended to write something that felt more positive than some of his previous work:

It was a completely conscious thing. I was just kind of fed up with how bad shit had been going, and how dark everything was, with bad news coming from everywhere. Our president George W. Bush is just a fucking daily dose of bad news! Then you've got the well-intentioned scientists telling us that everything is fucked. I just want to feel good for a day.


That quote was from back in 2004! Back when things were GOOD, in retrospect of course. It seems things were pretty bad then too, but I do believe they are much, much worse now. I actually miss the days of good ole Bushisms. At least we all knew Bush cared for the American people, he was was humble, and he listened and did try to learn. A feeling we do not get at all from the current leader. We so need that to change.

But, again, it is Monday, so I will not go too deep in to this now. It is just, well those really were better times, we can all agree to that now that we have experienced the last several months. Right?

source
Summer is almost here, places are opening up from the COVID-19 quarantines and lockdowns, little by little at least. And hopefully, the protests will lead to some long overdue changes.
And then we will can all float on, alright, already.

(Actually, that picture reminds me, I have to get 'floating' on because I really need to start training for the sea swim. The COVID-19 curfews and such were a nice excuse to not train. But now that the beach has opened up for exercise, and I can go any day, I am no longer restricted my my last name, there is no excuse. I need to go float and swim!)

For today, let's just float on and get through this Monday. Well, through this week, and this month, too. You get the idea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread