Weekend Musings ~ Bee Butts

Sometimes, when so much pain and sadness and frustration is dumped on us, we withdraw. We just can't take it all at once. So we step back, and go to our little safe spaces.

We avoid what is causing us pain, sadness, frustration. We stay far away, slowly letting little bits in as we feel we can handle it.
Source
Me? My little safe space has me lost on bee butts. Totally. On Pinterest, once you start looking at them, they appear in your feed like reproducing bunnies. They are everywhere. And they are so cute.

I am not just guessing that withdrawing is a normal reaction, I just know it is. I don't have any fancy study to prove it. My statement is developed from complete personal and anecdotal evidence. I feel it, I see it, I hear people telling me what they feel, or see how they cope.

Also, it is all over the internet, especially since this COVID-19 pandemic urged us all to stay home, or we could get sick and die, or someone you know could. And then one violent natural thing, or political thing, or racial thing. (None of which I will link here, it doesn't matter the specific thing, just that there is thing after thing after thing.

And then there is article after article to tell us to take a break from the news, a break from the internet, a break from technology.
"I don't wanna see any more"
Source
And there are just as many that tell us to stay present, to take it all in. Sorry, I don't have links for those here, I am happily lost on bee butts at the moment. I don't want to see anything else. Sure, I get snippets of news, as much as I can handle. I am not completely in the dark here. But alas, the butts make me all warm and fuzzy. And that is all good, for now. I need my little break full of bee butts.

The moral of this story is, it depends on YOU what works for YOU.

At one time, I wanted to be a psychiatrist, or perhaps more a psychologist. I am intrigued at how the mind works, how people deal with this thing call life. Or, perhaps more intriguing is how they are having difficulty dealing with this thing called life.

Source
Because I never pursued that line of study, more than a couple electives in college, I am purely a couch researcher and diagnose-r. I hesitate to tell someone what is the best way to deal with things, difficult things. Instead, I can only continue to share what I find works for me, thinking it may work for others. In fact, that is the premise for my entire blog and Facebook page.

"Let me out"
Source
So as we continue to mark how one bad thing is happening after another in the terrible year 2020, only half way finished (or finally half way finished, depending on what you are feeling), I am sharing my recent safe place and distraction of the most adorable little bee butts.

I think they are just deliciously cute. I get so lost in all the wonderful photos some very talented people capture. Amazing creatures, so cute. Working so hard, all the time.
"Working Hard"
Source
Sometimes getting tired. I know that feeling. The world does seem exhausting these days. It just seems to never end, one emotionally exhausting thing after another. 

"Tired"
Source
I do hope you each find ways to recover from all that has been going on. Taking your break, resting. Finding a way to get through every 'WTF' that comes rolling in. 

"See ya!"
Source
I may just keep looking at bee butts for a while. I just think their little butts are a wonderful way to get lost in something safe harmless. Simple as that. So enjoy the butts. Keep flying. 
See ya!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread