Spectacular Fog

After a more or less successful NaBLoWriMo, where I posted 29 out of 31 days of the month in October, I found this week I had a VERY difficult time getting a post done! Not for lack of trying. At this point I have 5 posts started, none 'feeling right'.
View from the top of the hill on our street.
I wanted to challenge myself to post every day in November too, but "the writer Raige" apparently needed a little vacation. Missed Walking on Wednesday and the rest of the week!

During this "vacation" however, Raige was working very hard on creating her own website. This weekend is our set deadline for taking the website live. And I thought, or rather justified to myself, that it would be okay to not post a blog because I was about to take an entire website live. I was getting pretty stressed about my neglect of this blog, but tried to make myself feel better by saying a much bigger thing was about to be shared. 
Sound like BS, doesn't it? We can justify anything to make ourselves feel better about our shortcomings I believe.

This morning, what greeted me? FOG. Perfect, but in a much more positive way. It was spectacular! It hit me then what this post would be ~ Spectacular Fog ~

It was not just any fog, and truly not the fog I have experienced before. The fog today was actually thicker, but this time I did not feel stuck in it. I amazingly felt completely different about the fog. Instead of the uncertainly and frustration of the fog of months ago, today the fog gave me a feeling of the warm and cozy certainty of security. 
Bright but foggy driveway
You know that feeling you get when you are the first one up on Christmas, the snow is falling, and you know that everything is okay? You will be surrounded by family enjoying everything about being together. You know, that warm and cozy sense of comfort

You see how our perceptions can change? Nearly the same fog - we get a lot of fog here in the mountains - but a completely different feeling from it. 
Sunny view from the top of the hill on our street
 Now the sun is out, and the fog has burned away. A perfect metaphor for Raige. 

Now, to get pics of those great vintage aprons from my late mother's collection.....those would be great on my website....

Comments

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread