Music Monday! That's the Impression That I Get

A wonderful Monday, and perfect day for the ska-punk genre of The Mighty Mighty Bosstones!
I am sure you all know this song, but didn't know the band was an American third wave ska band from Boston, Massachusetts.

 I awoke normally for getting the kids to school, off they went, and I proceeded to do my normal routine of computer, cleaning, putting away laundry, etc.

Instant Colored Eggs

I was finishing up some egg cozies when I heard the chainsaw.
Yes, the chainsaw. (the neighbor's needed to take down some precariously tall and crooked trees hanging over their driveway)
Then thump thump, the tree came down. What song popped in my head?
I've never had to knock on wood
But I know someone who has
Which makes me wonder if I could
It makes me wonder if
I've never had to knock on wood
And I'm glad I haven't yet
Because I'm sure it isn't good
that's the impression that I get


Knocking on wood, and the spoken expression "knock on wood," are used to express a desire to avoid "tempting fate" after making some boast or speaking of one's own death.

Upcycled Wood Beaded
Toekini


I love Wikipedia's simple explaination and examples:
The expression is usually used in the hope that a good thing will continue to occur after it has been acknowledged. So, for example, one might say: "The rain looks like it's holding off, knock on wood," or "Knock on wood, I'm much better now." Another example would be "I have never had to use my gun before, knock on wood."


Vintage Woodworking Plane -
perfect for knocking on...

This is one of the few superstitious things that I just can't shake. I knock on wood, fairly regularly. Things like, "my computer seems to be running just fine now, knock on wood." and "knock on wood, that patch seems to be working!" and "we shouldn't have to move again this summer, knock on wood."

Have you ever knocked on wood? Never had to? You better knock on wood....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread