Two for Tuesday! Whiter Shade of Pale - Conquistador

We skipped the light fandango
Turned cartwheels 'cross the floor



What a mood Whiter Shade of Pale creates! Hubby was searching for this song the other day. That organ haunting his mind. He just had to find it, and we must have listened to it 6 times that day.
But who doesn't love the imagery of skipping the light fandango?

The poetic nature of Procol Harum songs is wonderful. I never knew any other songs they did, so I searched, and found it is not just their popular hit that is like reading a great poetic story.

And though I hoped for something to find
I could see no maze to unwind




I feel it is safe to say, most people don't remember the unusual name of the band of that enduring classic song - one of the few singles to have sold over 10 million copies.

And probably most are like me, and never heard Conquistador, their second hit.
I still get a kick out of their name, certainly not one that sticks with you, named after a cat.

It never hurts to throw in some good poetic stories set to wonderfully mellow, somewhat haunting music. So sit back, relax, and be taken in by the mood and wistful colorful words. It might be just the thing you need to get you through the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread