Thankful for....Space

Grateful. Thankful. It is said if we acknowlege what we are thankful for regularly it will make us happy. If we write down what we are grateful for we live a more fulfilled life.

So here it goes.
Today  - I am thankful for SPACE.
We just moved, again. Sixth move in just over 3 years.
We are now in a house.
No more condo, no more apartment.
We have a yard!

I wander the house amazed there is so much space. Beautiful space.
I have room to display things that have been boxed up for over 3 years.
I have room to NOT walk in front of the TV while my son is playing.
(and get him killed in his pow pow games).
My son has his own room - with a spare room for when his siblings are home.
No more sharing beds and air mattresses.
We have a den! An extra space to allow hubby to make art, to make messes.

I have room in the kitchen cupboards - actually empty shelves and drawers!
I am not looking to fill this space with 'stuff' either.
Nope, leave me room. Dont need 2 large fying pans, don't need 2 large pots.
I can spread out.
I can take a deep breath, and let it out slowly and enjoy the space.

We have a yard. On a canal.
Okay it's not the beach, but still.
I will take it. Near wonderful salty water.
We have a lime tree, a mango tree.
We have grass! It needs to be mowed, but still.
We have space for my hammock.

Though I do have a longer drive to work, with lots and lots of other cars all goin 5 miles per hour.
All crowded on small roads.
I have space at home.
It is so nice to come home to space.
I am so thankful for space.

What are you thankful for today?



Comments

  1. I'm so happy for you. I too love our space her in our house. But somehow it got full. Of stuff. I need to work to clear some of it again. As we go through life our interests change, our circumstances change. what we kept for years may no longer serve us but we keep it anyway. I am thankful for our space here. Inside & out. more to care for, but still. My only wish? all we have be located elsewhere. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! I'm so glad and happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread