Thankful for...The Beautiful Random Music of Windchimes

Beautiful random music brought on by the wonderful nature of wind.
I love windchimes. We love windchimes, hubby, kids and me.
They are beat up, sure, but looks hardly matter when they fill the air with such beautiful sounds.


Our old place, 2 places ago, we hung our windchimes up and enjoyed the beautiful music.
For about a week.
Then, our upstairs neighbor complained to the managment company about them and we were asked in no uncertain terms to take them down.

What kind of crap was that? Seriously.
I won't linger there on those negative thoughts and feeling. I don't want to harbour those things.

I am so thankful that we have a better place to live now.
One that has no such restrictions.
I am so thankful that we have a windchime up now.

And this weekend's project?
Re-stringing a winchime.

And emptying out the warehouse where 2 more project windchimes are.
Nothing like the porchfull of winchimes we had more than 10 years ago, but a decent collection still.

We used to have winchimes from everywhere we visited. My favorite was the Maine triangle windchime, that when the windn blew it took you right back to the coast of Maine and the smell of the cool salty air. I even loved the fish shaped one that really didn't make noise, but it looked so cool. Both lost in the hurricane with every one of our other windchimes.

Now we are trying to add to our collection by fixing old ones and making ones out of part and pieces of others. We could go out and buy new ones to fill our outdoor space with music, but there since the hurricane, we have found using what you have to be more appealing than running out to buy new.

I so missed the beautiful random music of windchimes.
I am so thankful to be able to enjoy it again.

What are you thankful for today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread