Thankful for......Wind in the Trees

I am so glad it is weekend.
I have been looking forward to it since we moved in our place last week.

So today, I thoroughly enjoyed a leisurely cup of coffee.
Then I decided I had put off walking/jogging for too long now.
And oh yeah, I signed up for a 5k later this month....so really have to get back in shape for that.

So off I went, excited to explore our new neighborhood.
It is so quiet, little activity here and there.
Very nice walking with a jog mixed in.

Then I got to these trees.
I stopped, and listened.
Casuarina Pines.
If you haven't been near Casurina Pines when the wind blows, you are missing out.
They make the most beautiful sound.
A sort of whoosh sound, just so subtle and actually quite relaxing.
It is like if you breathed out with your lips a little puckered to try to make a wind sound.
These trees make it for you. As long as there is even a slight breeze, the sound of the wind is amplified through these trees and you are treated to a wonderful sound.

It is like you hear on those nature sounds 'songs'.
But no device or electicity is necessary.
It is natural, you are standing there and enjoying it how it should be enjoyed.

I stopped there for a bit.
I listened, I relaxed.
I enjoyed this nature music.

Then I continued on my wog.
Before I knew it I had gone 3.28 miles.
I even met a nice gardener who is coming by later today to help us in our yard.

I love this neighborhood.
I think I will go for more wogs now that I know those trees are waiting for me to stand and enjoy their music.

I am so thankful for the wind in the trees.
What are you thankful for today?

Comments

  1. I am thankful for the first Saturday with sunshine in weeks. Wonderful nature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlin', so thankful for YOU and your wog reflection - it has brightened the start of MY day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread