Music Monday! Calling All Angels

I have always been a fan of Train, loved their first album way back in 1998 when their debut album came out. I will never forget listening to that in our old bedroom, with all 3 kids piled in our bed, and taking naps to it.

They are a poetic band, as I have mentioned before, which is part of the appeal for me.
Too 'poppy' most of the time for hubby, and now the kids, but I still like them.


I have been nostalgic lately. Especially since I have been unpacking things that have been in boxes in the warehouse for more than 3 years! Things I forgot we had, games like dominoes and Monoply we used to play with the kids, curtains I made for their playroom over 10 years ago!
I have been enjoying looking back on memories, listening to old music.

Which is why I bring back this band. The times where we napped on weekends to this band make me feel warm and comfortable, and full of love.

It is sad to me that the issues in this song are even more extreme than they were back then, the world we live in is so full of terror, and negativity. A sactuary at home is what we need to stay sane in these crazy times.

So far, in our 'new' place, I have enjoyed the quiet relaxation this space has given us.We are beginning to settle in to the freedoms of a house, and not apartment. Freedoms of more space, and a nice big yard. Freedoms to set up the stereo and speakers so we can listen to some good old CD's with music we used to have in the CD player all the time, back in the day. It feels like 'us'. Like we are used to living back when we all would snuggle in bed for naps.

We can now focus on the beauty of our lives, focus on just enjoying the little things.
Like having more space and wind in the trees.

Do you carve out a sactuary in your home, and what are some little things you enjoy to help you stay sane in this crazy world?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread