Walking on Wednesday - Carpe Diem


Carpe Diem.
Carpe Diem literally means "to pick, pluck, pluck off, cull, crop, gather".
But it was used in the sense of, "to enjoy, seize, use, make use of" since 25BC.

Having been in movies, songs, and even clay animation, this phrase has latched onto inspirational motivators and has been used to empower us, motivate us, and be our mantra to life.

Seize the Day!

Sometimes easier said than done, but still, it is a short and concise phrase that can apply to almost anyone or any situation.

Today, it has helped me get through the day, the week really, as I prepare for The Big Love Fest this weekend. Just SAYING it gives me energy, purpose. It makes me feel like this is the best thing I can be doing, because I AM seizing the day, the opportunity that presented itself.

Another saying that helps me right now is this:

 There’s a difference between knowing the path and walking the path


Okay, so Morpheus said it, in a science fiction film. It is still a profound quote, and one that makes us stop and think a minute.  Having experienced knowing a path, and then actually walking it, I can say it is true that once you start walking that path it is much different than knowing it. 

Walking the path is much more exciting, and much more challenging. Walking it is exhilarating, and exhausting at the same time. Just knowing it doesn't give you the thrill, the sense of adventure, the nervousness, and anxiousness of reaching that destination that actually walking does.

The path that I am walking now is one we (hubby and I) dreamed up when we moved here. But it wasn't until this week that we began to actually walk that path. Hopefully, after a week of seizing every opportunity along the way, we can say we have walked a small portion of the path, and so far it is great. I will let you know next week.

Carpe Diem. Walk that path, enjoying every minute of it.

Comments

  1. What an inspiring post. I am living this post right now, I have some really big projects going on in my business right now and things are moving at lighting speed. Sometimes walking the path takes a leap of faith, and as scary as that can be it's what we need to do. I am looking forward to hearing about the path you are taking..
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always give my spirits a lift. Especially as I'm sick as a dog and feel I've dropped the ball on everything. Great sales to you this weekend! Let zibbet moms know how you do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread