I took my first yoga class here in Asheville, at the Asheville Community Yoga Center. Namaste is the norm here, and I was ready to "be well".
|that is Wii yoga on the left|
The second reason I chose this class is because it claimed that Subtle Yoga is therapeutic and balancing, and its postures are accessible to most people, adaptable to most abilities. The key things I wanted out of yoga, this class seemed to cover. I was interested in these points:
* Improve circulation, flexibility and mobility
* Correct maladaptive movement patterns that cause bad posture, discomfort or pain
* Balance physical and mental energy levels to improve overall health
* Release emotionally-charged holding patterns lodged in the physical body
* Enhance emotional well being, which in turn improves physical healthI wanted to become:
* Less stressed out, calmer and more peaceful
* Less depressed, tense and/or anxious
* More aware of my life’s purpose (and offers strategies to fulfill it)
* Improve health and cultivating relaxation
These things I could not achieve with my Wii game.
|Frosted Crystal Singing Bowls|
I particularly love the singing bowl that is henerally at the end of the class. It fills your head full of relaxing sound, so that it drowns out your other thoughts, and you are just left with the hum of peace.
|Namaste Bronze Sculpture |
PK Allen Studios
Not to mention my middle age status has shown me that things like strength and balance tend to not be present when I need them.
It is time to concentrate on my emotional well being, which in turn improves everything. And I have to say, after even one class, I did feel better. I was more relaxed and ready to tackle the day. The stresses seemed less intrusive and I could concentrate on the simple things - creating, to achieve my goals at Raige Creations, and ultimately enjoying the day.
And acutally, when I got home, I found someone liked my creations enough to request a good sized order.
Coincidence? or Karma?
It doesn't matter, I already feel the lightness of future beautiful days.
How do you lighten the load of stress in your life?