Be free-floating, allowing the situation to surround you, and be in it. Take in the full surroundings, including the temperature of the water.
This may bring incredible clarity, presence and focus. This is what is means to be a jellyfish.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Looking Foward to Warmer Weather - Crochet Pattern: Simple Hairband

I was taking the time to catch up on some of my fellow blogers and read their posts. I stumbled across Jac-Ber Creations and their blog on Confessions from a Firefli's Trinket box blog. (I like small boxes too) I was curious of Jac-Ber Creations because of our similar names. There I found, now I can't remember exactly how, this great craft site Craft Passion. I could spend hours here wandering around, finding tutorials, patterns, things that get my creativeness going.

I found a free pattern for Simple Hairbands: Crochet Pattern: Simple Hairband craftpassion.com.

I know I can't be the only one who just has to get the hair up, off my neck and face, especially when the weather is warmer. This idea I love, because you can use leftover yarns. (I have lots of those now that I have been creating more items for my store.)

Here is my version. It took a little getting used to for me, but I eventually got in the swing of things and finished it rather quickly. This one is for me - I love purple. But they are really so easy to make I think I will make a bunch.

I hope you can have fun with it too!

Posted using ShareThis

5 comments:

  1. I am off to check out your etsy shop; btw, I see you are from Fredonia...I used to live in Jamestown, NY...went to Southwestern High School :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...I didn't make it out of your shop without buying 1 of your bags...I couldn't resist the great price and free shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya,
    Thanks for mentioning us :-)

    I love using all my odds and ends. I usually join up all the bits of yarn I have left and make an enormous ball and then crochet a scarf - ends up very colourful (and the girls I work with love them :-) )

    (I like your gear stick covers!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will never understand crocheting...literally. i can't seem to get my mind working to understand how it works. i love the finished product though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your comments! southwestern-thanks for checkin out my store!
    Jac-Ber-the gear stick covers work great - I use mine happily
    kim-if you want a hairband, let me know and I will make one for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share you thoughts!