Walking on Wednesday ~ Treadmilling It

I had never tried a treadmill before.
Yes that is right, never.
I was always the "nah, I prefer walking outside anyways" type, even though I had never really had access to such things as treadmills.
But, now I DO have access, and I tried it.

Treadmills these days are much more tech savvy than they used to be. And I am not very tech savvy.
So the first day I tried one, I unsuccessfully linked to the workout app recommended. I decided to just start and try again at the end of the workout.

There were workouts to choose from, but being my first day and a bit strapped for time, I just picked a time and speed and went for it.


A bit boring. No. Really boring. Just keep staring at the wall? Look out the window at the parking lot and office building...wow. Riveting.
I kept going, looking at the screen at some generic path with computer generated people I was passing. I noticed a cord hanging there, after sufficiently bored with the path and computer people. Thinking, 'huh, what's this'  I picked it up and found it was the emergency stop cord. So everything stopped. Immediately. I almost fell forward at the abrupt stop.

source

7 minutes lost. I had to start over. So I did, and made it through 20 minutes. Even tried increasing the slope, and speed, then decreased. It even nicely made me cool down for 5 minutes. I tried again to sync with the app, no go.

I asked for help and at the same time learned a little more about the options on the machine.
So at least I can link it to the app and it uploads what I did automatically. But. More interesting?
NOPE.
I keep forgetting my headphones, so haven't tried the You Tube option, sadly.

I now limit time on it to a 5 minute warm up, then go on another more grueling machine (like the rowing machine or elliptical trainer or the stairs...the stairs are so hard!), then cool down another 5 minutes on it.
source

So 10 minutes, in 5 minute intervals. Still BORING, but at least 5 minutes seems to go by a little faster. And truth be told, after the other machines I thought would be a better workout, the treadmill is a welcome site after 15 minutes of rowing, or just 7 minutes on the stairs (that is all I can manage, the stairs are hard....).

My preference is the new 'gym' - the beach - for a 30 minute swim, but lunch hour is only an hour and I need to get back to work looking somewhat presentable so the regular gym it is, with very decent showers and mirrors. And I don't have to drive there, it is right next to where I work.

So, I am a treadmill regular now, during the week. Still boring, and still not hooked up to you tube. I manage to endure it. In short bursts.

The stairs, way way hard. And the rowing, just me and the rower, no option for YouTube distraction. But that, my dear readers, is a whole other story.
source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread