Music Monday! Just Dance

A surprise suggestion, this song was.
I asked a friend-who-is-family for some ideas, as I wanted to do a Music Monday this week, but was having trouble picking a song. Just didn't have any that felt right at the time.

So this friend, who by the way is someone we (hubby first actually) 'met' online. Communicated for quite a while before actually meeting in person. But you just know when you click with someone and we are going on over 8 years of friendship, I believe, though it feels like we have known each other forever. She has been a wonderful addition to our extremely small circle of friends. She is 'auntie' to my kids, she is who I vent to almost on a daily basis via messages, she is always willing to listen unconditionally. And that, my dear readers, is hard to find these days. She became family.
Source
So after complaining I was not inspired by any songs, she said she would see what songs came on over dinner with her Mama, and give me some ideas. Her Mama is great, even though I haven't met her yet. I just know she is, from knowing her daughter, and then there are the little tidbits of comments and stories I get from my friend. I can't wait to meet her. Also, they are looking after our dog, and Mama and Lady J now cannot be separated, they are best buds and that means Mama is all right in my book. Our dog was one spoiled thing when we had her, and Mama has spoiled her even more. Which is just right by me.

About an hour later, I get this message:
Well Mom recommends Lady Gaga's Let's Dance.

Well, huh? Lady Gaga?? Mama suggested that?? Okay then, Let's Dance!



I like Lady Gaga, good to walk to and for workouts mostly, but for every day listening she is not on the playlist.
It surprised me Mama wanted this song. I know she is hip, and got a great sense of humor. But I never pegged her as a Lady Gaga fan. Now, I really want to meet her in person and dance in her kitchen with her!

image source Pintrest via this site
I am so lucky to have one-time-strangers make me smile regularly, who suggest great dance songs.
I know we are connected somehow, when Mama says 'Dancing solves everything' and then plans a dance in the living room 'because the lack of dancing is what's wrong with me'.

I will be right over, we all need a good dance in the living room, or kitchen, or wherever. Better even when you can dance with great people.

Save a dance for me, Mama. Maybe the next song can be Poker Face, that is a good one to dance to too!
Source

Comments

  1. Didn't realize how much I have missed your Music on Mondays...............((HUGS))!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread