Be free-floating, allowing the situation to surround you, and be in it. Take in the full surroundings, including the temperature of the water.
This may bring incredible clarity, presence and focus. This is what is means to be a jellyfish.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Walking on Wednesday ~ Excuses

As you may have guessed if you are a follower, I have not been keeping up with my workout schedule.

You may have noticed I stopped writing about running and walking, stopped posting my workouts, stopped talking about it altogether!

Well, you are right. I have slacked. Big time.

I did manage 2 workouts last week, but I barely remember them. They were at the beginning of the week, then I didn't go at all the rest of the week.

This week, I am NOT off to a good start. Haven't been at all. 

I know, you are saying 'well it's early in the week yet'.
Yes, but tomorrow is supposed to be COLD! Chance of snow.
Yuck.

Plus, I have SO much to do, I just haven't had the time to spare. 
Yes, this is an excuse. I know. 

But I successfully have talked myself out of getting out there several days now. I reasoned that the time it takes to walk (or run) plus the necessary shower afterwards was just too much! I could accomplish so much on my list in that time.

Lame. Yes.

So here I sit wondering if I should walk downtown to pick up dinner. Probably should. Maybe I will!

Or maybe I will just drive so I can accomplish more of the things that have to be done before I get too tired.....

Or maybe you just don't care. 

I know you don't ~ we all are responsible for our own excuses. 
I wouldn't care to hear excuses either, our actions are all up to each of us. 
source: Real Social Dynamics
Don't be lazy, keep going, keep trying and MOVE IT!
I will now take my own advice.

2 comments:

  1. I care. Go take a walk. You'll feel better for it and you'll accomplish more in the long run. I've been struggling with the same thing... I was running 3 days a week but the snow has made that -challenging- and I'm not pushing it because I don't want to slip and hurt my ankle again. So I'm sort of a wimp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, thanks Dakota!
    I sometimes feel I complain too much, and that I share too much.
    Be careful with that ankle!!
    It's not being wimpy, it's being smart. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete

Share you thoughts!