Be free-floating, allowing the situation to surround you, and be in it. Take in the full surroundings, including the temperature of the water.
This may bring incredible clarity, presence and focus. This is what is means to be a jellyfish.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thursday Thought of the Day ~ Don't Forget to Play

Many a night, I sit on the couch relaxing when everyone else in my family is bored with my TV shows, and finally I give in and say 'Go ahead and play your video games'.

I sit and watch usually, sometimes I just go on the computer, or go to bed. But last night, I decided that I wanted to play!!! (probably being off work for 3 days in a row helped me relax enough to do this....) Thus, I learned how to play Black Ops 2 last night.

I have tried before, taken the controller when someone had to get up briefly for some reason, bathroom, to get a drink, etc. I failed miserably most of the time. I would wander around, looking at the sky or ground most of the time, walk into walls, get stuck in a bush, etc. And shoot somebody at the same time? Ha, forget it! I shot the wall, bush, or sky.

Last night I decided I was going to play with them, and learn dammit! They were so patient, walking me through each step, teaching me how to do it. I would follow my hubby around, practicing jumping, and running. I followed my son around and got a tour of the board. Meanwhile, my other two kids were playing the same board, playing hide and seek. Whoever found the other and shot them won. I finally started to get the hang of it and could shoot people! Yes, there is a strange satisfaction of shooting your hubby's character on screen, especially when he is tormenting your 'newbie' character.

And we had a blast! We all laughed. I was laughing so hard at one point I had to hand over the controller to my son to continue, and we didn't tell hubby, and he got a surprise ambush!! 

It was great! I didn't get everything done I needed to yesterday, but dang it feels good to play sometimes. Laughing together as a family - there is nothing better. 
I am back at work today. I have a ton of work to do. But I do believe after dinner I am going to load up the game with my family, and we are going to all play again. I will probably need a good laugh, a good bit of shooting, and lots of great family time after a tough day of work.  Maybe this weekend we will get the basketball out too...and play some one-on-one-on-five....

I forgot to play for a while, and didn't even realize what was missing! Don't forget to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!