Thursday Thought of the Day ~ Don't Forget to Play

Many a night, I sit on the couch relaxing when everyone else in my family is bored with my TV shows, and finally I give in and say 'Go ahead and play your video games'.

I sit and watch usually, sometimes I just go on the computer, or go to bed. But last night, I decided that I wanted to play!!! (probably being off work for 3 days in a row helped me relax enough to do this....) Thus, I learned how to play Black Ops 2 last night.

I have tried before, taken the controller when someone had to get up briefly for some reason, bathroom, to get a drink, etc. I failed miserably most of the time. I would wander around, looking at the sky or ground most of the time, walk into walls, get stuck in a bush, etc. And shoot somebody at the same time? Ha, forget it! I shot the wall, bush, or sky.

Last night I decided I was going to play with them, and learn dammit! They were so patient, walking me through each step, teaching me how to do it. I would follow my hubby around, practicing jumping, and running. I followed my son around and got a tour of the board. Meanwhile, my other two kids were playing the same board, playing hide and seek. Whoever found the other and shot them won. I finally started to get the hang of it and could shoot people! Yes, there is a strange satisfaction of shooting your hubby's character on screen, especially when he is tormenting your 'newbie' character.

And we had a blast! We all laughed. I was laughing so hard at one point I had to hand over the controller to my son to continue, and we didn't tell hubby, and he got a surprise ambush!! 

It was great! I didn't get everything done I needed to yesterday, but dang it feels good to play sometimes. Laughing together as a family - there is nothing better. 
I am back at work today. I have a ton of work to do. But I do believe after dinner I am going to load up the game with my family, and we are going to all play again. I will probably need a good laugh, a good bit of shooting, and lots of great family time after a tough day of work.  Maybe this weekend we will get the basketball out too...and play some one-on-one-on-five....

I forgot to play for a while, and didn't even realize what was missing! Don't forget to play.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread