Music Monday! How You Like Me Now?

I have today off. Well, I don't have to go into the shop today, so I am 'off work' today, even tho I have already checked work email, have a stack of expenses I am determined to enter into the system, and have to do much paperwork and emails. I do not have to go into the shop today!

So I just put on a tee I would never wear to work, some jeans that no doubt need washing. No shower, no primping. Strangely, I am very excited to be going to the grocery store with my youngest dirty, possible smelly, and just think about normal, not work stuff!
I mentioned to hubby, "Not showering, just putting on this black tee, dirty jeans, and going to the store this way! How you like me now??"
Boom this song is firmly in my head.

I like me now. I like me roughin' it. We gonna do some chores too. And get even dirtier. 

Why, you ask, am I so excited about this? Because this is the first of 3 days in a row I don't have to go into the shop, and I am more than happy to not dress up, not shower, not have to greet and sell. I don't have to look nice, be nice to strangers, or worry about anything but getting bread and milk. How do you like that? How you like me now? You know what? I don't care. It is great to have a day that you don't have to impress anyone but your family, and hope they like what you cook for dinner. 

I like it. I like me now. Just me, being me. Not the sales me, businesswoman me. Just me. Best Monday I have had in, well, a long time. How you like me now? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread