Music Monday! Skinned

When will I realize that this skin I'm in, hey it isn't mine.....

The new season of Dexter starts Sunday! Yes, we are Dexter fans, one of the few shows that my hubby and me watch on TV. (we are 'series' tv watchers mostly)

To honor this... I give you 'Skinned', based on the horrific tale of Ed Gein. (Click only if you want to read the story. To give you an idea... Silence of the Lambs, and Norman Bates were inspired by this incredibly insane man.



This song, one of many, is also inspired by Mr. Gein, and yes they did find a lampshade made of skin.....

Let's sing along, shall we?


I'll make a shoehorn outta your shin
I'll make a lampshade of durable skin
And oh, don't you know that I'm
always feelin' able
When I'm sittin' home and I'm carvin'
out your naval
I'm just sittin' here carvin' out
your navel.....


Something about the duality, the interesting mental capabilities of these serial killers is strangely fascinating. The old interest in psychology I just can't shake.

Are there any other Dexter fans out there? Any other fans of the 'Dark Passenger'? 

Me? I am hoping Dexter can be happy, but can he be without that darkness? Can one exist without the other? Can there be a Yang without the Yin? A question that perhaps will be answered this season. Who is watching with me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread