Walking on Wednesday ~ Snakes, Wizards and Gnomes, OH MY.

Some days, the distractions are a welcome relief to the stresses that are going on in your life. 

I am lucky that, if I go far enough, on my run I can have such a fantastical distraction. Let me explain.....
It was a beautiful foggy morning the other day - I was actually glad it was grey and foggy, it seemed to match my mood.

After my warm up hill, and run through downtown, my mood wasn't much improved. This led me to want to go just a little farther. I thought it would be the one thing that would get me through the day, that I pushed myself and succeeded. 'A little extra distance would be the only thing I could be happy about today', I thought. The stresses were so bad I didn't know how I was going to make it through the day.
But then I noticed the most unusual thing. Upon what had I come across? What the was this bursting from the ground? A snake! A very large snake.
Then, what should I see, a wizard to greet me? With a wise owl no less. 
And then...a gnome....lounging about next to the wizard. Now, wait a minute.....
Yikes, then 2 more gnomes upon the step! And a monk or something on the side of the path. I had come upon quite a different world here, right on Main Street! Yes, this was all in one yard.

I noticed there came a chuckle out of me, and the dog, so excited to be smelling such new smells, was frantically sniffing and wagging her tail. It occurred to me then. 

I was taking life a bit too seriously. Not make it through the day? Of course I would. It may be difficult, but the sun will set and rise again. I would make it through, and why must it be so awful really. Why can't I smile, laugh, enjoy the fantasy when it appears? 

We must allow ourselves moments of fantasy, of enjoyment. More than a moment really. Fill up your yard with snakes, wizards, and gnomes! Sometimes we get caught up in the seriousness of life, and forget that we are meant to dream, smile, explore, and laugh.

The wizard would approve, the snake will ensure no harm will come to you. And what fun you will have when the dragon arrives.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread