Music Monday! Yes Sir, That's My Baby

Yes sir, It's Monday! This week we are celebrating two things - first, so far the highlight of the month for me, a perfect Mother's Day gift was going to see The Great Gatsby. I have always loved the Roaring 20's era, the fashions in particular. The dresses, the headpieces, the dances, the parties. It seemed like a crazy fun time. The Buildings Were Higher, The Parties Were Bigger, The Morals Were Looser and the Liquor Was Cheaper. ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

The second thing to celebrate is my youngest son's birthday (today) and his interest in the same era. He has discovered music and films from this time period, and into the 1930's, and makes us all listen and watch movies from then. (Let me tell you the movies from the 1930's I find difficult to get through...if it wasn't for the colorful and amusing language I wouldn't make it through ANY of them)

So to celebrate his birthday, and the great time I had at the movies with the whole family, here is 'Yes Sir, That's My Baby.
 
I remember my father playing this song on the piano when I was young. He was a teenager in the 1930's and learned all the songs of the times on the piano, as my grandmother was a piano teacher. At many of our family gatherings he would play a song or two, singing right along, and this is one he played frequently.

Yes Sir, let's not forget the fun times we had once, are having now, and can have anytime we want to. Doing the Charleston may help you get that smile on - it is a crazy fun dance! Yes Sir, dance, have fun, enjoy, and celebrate. Maybe we will reach that green light, maybe not, but sometimes it's about the journey, not the destination, and having fun along the way makes the journey worth the trip. Happy Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread