Friday Find ~ Views from the Road

Technically, these finds are from yesterday, but since we got home so late, it is today's Friday Find.


Usually interstate driving isn't very interesting. Just miles and miles of road, each interstate looking much like another you have most certainly been on for hours and hours. I find my eyes get tired of looking at the land, which starts to look like everywhere else you have been.


So, I happened to notice the sky. The sky, so big, so vast.  I think I also noticed the sky more because everything around us was flat. When you live in the North Carolina mountains, and have to drive East to the other side of the state, you notice how flat the rest of the state is. I am so used to the mountains, when not in them, everything is so...well...flat. And I noticed that over this flat land there is a huge sky, full of beautiful colors and clouds.


Especially when the sun is setting, and the whole word is this brilliant cool blue dusk. It could have been the 8 hours on the road, that I was tired and ready to be home with my full family together. (We had gone to pick up my son from college, so we all were anxious to be home and together relaxing.) But I noticed that the sky at this time of night was awesome. It made me appreciate this world we live in. Appreciate that I wasn't driving, yes, but really appreciate the beauty in the moment, the company I was in, and the colors, so cool and soothing. 

I found views from the road don't always have to be of the road, or what is on the side of the road. We should be open to seeing beauty in everything, even if it is just the sky at dusk, with car lights everywhere, and the land whizzing by.....the sky is beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread