Walking on Wednesday - You know it's Spring when.....

You know it's Spring when....

~Spiders take over.

Not just two webs......
But a whole field of them




















You know it's Spring when.....
~Doves are f.........oopps..."getting to know each other" - right outside your kitchen window
"How YOU doin'?"

ahem

"Do you think they saw us??"
You know it's Spring when.....
~It has been raining non-stop for 18 hours now, (you know, April showers bring May flowers) but you can still leave the windows open for fresh air. 

The rain is good, it gives me hope for my very first tomato plant. The ground will be nice and moist for when I plant her, and this year we can have fresh, home grown tomatoes.  We haven't enjoyed homegrown tomatoes since we moved here. My MIL, Bridget, kept us supplied in previous years, so we really missed them last year after we moved.
My first tomato plant,
soaking up the rain this morning. 
I have never grown tomatoes before, and since I am not know for my great gardening skills, I am a little nervous about this lone little plant. But I have high hopes. Any tips would be much appreciated.

What are some signs of Spring in your neighborhood? 

Comments

  1. I'm certainly not one for gardening tips! That is for giving them. I'm going to try lettuce in pots...can you kill those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not looking forward to the spiders this Spring and Summer because they are great at taking over. All those webs are a little scary. I love the photos of the birds. They sure like to get busy this time of the year. Good luck with your tomato plant, I grow they every year and every year something goes wrong. I will still try again this year and hopefully we will both have a bumper crop!
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just picked our last tomato last week, it's starting to get too cold now. Our learnings from this summer? Remember to water them and chase the birds before they eat them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread