Music Monday! Shock the Monkey - no shock the CAT!

Today was 'Give the Cat a Hair Cut Day' here. No, her name isn't monkey, nor does she look like one, but SHOCKED you could say she was.

The 'Before'.
She knew what was coming, and kept trying to hide. As you can tell, this isn't the best hiding spot, so we got her. But she didn't like it one bit.  The sound of an unhappy cat is disturbing...and I just couldn't get Shock the Monkey out of my head. 

Even though it is not about animal rights, but about jealousy, the lyrics 'don't you know you got to Shock the Monkey' seemed to fit. I can think of many other situations this song pops in my head too...just one of those songs! Enjoy.

Now for the 'After'.
She still looks mad, and I interrupted her bathing herself. I know, not the best haircut. But her hair was long, and hair clippers do not like fine long cat hair. And YOU Try to run noisy clippers near her 'lion mane'. I have a scratch or two trying that. 

One quarter inch in most places, hopefully this will cut down on the hair balls and be easier to deal with. Maybe I will touch up some places in the next few days, once she forgets the trauma. 

Next...the dog. But Shock the Monkey won't be the soundtrack for that. It would be more like Love Me Tender. But that is for another day. 

Comments

  1. You are the FIRST person I have ever known to give a cat a hair-cut! Are you INSANE! The closest I ever came to "I-am-your-Mom-and-I-will-give-you-a-bath", got me to the sink, the sound of water running, and the cat's climbing gear making fast tracks up my arm..............we made peace after that, and C-Cat was content to balance herself on a sitting person's thigh and purrrrr all day long! You are a much braver person than most! AND, you did an excellent job, she says, walking off, shaking her head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. R U sure it's a good thing to 'trim a cat'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. our cat HATES, HATES water. it is insane to try to bathe her.
    this is much easier believe it or not.
    It seems it is easier to deal with - the shorter hair. And since it is getting warmer, we think she will be more comfortable. But mostly, it is for us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread