Music Monday! Monday Monday Monday

It was such a good day, I thought saying it three times was worth it!

It is unusual to have a good Monday. It started early, which isn't always a good thing, but I was in a good mood, and even wrote on the message board on our fridge "Magical Monday".
(For the last week or so I have been leaving little messages on that board, since everyone in the house wakes up at different times, and I am not always handy when they wake up. So I leave a little something there to hopefully make them smile, and help them start the day on a positive note.)

It is a new month, and school is right around the corner, so I think we should enjoy each and every day, even Mondays. Because soon, that alarm will be going off very early, there will be buses to catch, homework to do, schedules to keep, and major stresses about money for us. 

Thanks to my friend Frauke, of Handmadefuzzy, who suggested this song, it seemed to be the perfect Monday song. It is not particularly an upbeat song, but it is catchy, the monkeys made me giggle, and I have been singing the chorus all afternoon!


So in the mean time, I am trying to get us all to enjoy the little things, celebrate each day, and have some fun along the way.  


Monday Monday Monday by Tegan and Sara

I particularly like the line "damn your mood swings", repeated over and over. My son thought it was "damn your boot stinks". So, it was good for a laugh.


So I guess I pegged today right when I called it Magical Monday. I got my walk in, enjoyed the leftover strawberry banana pancakes my daughter made for dinner last night, I got 2 orders shipped, my son made water balloons just because, my daughter has not been holed up in her room all day, and now we are all hanging out in the living room listening to music. 


How often can we sit around the living room, all together, and share such silliness?
Or should I say how many more Mondays of relaxing productivity mixed with fun and silliness will we have, before the craziness creeps back in?


If only every Monday was this magical....
Monday Monday Monday....those monkeys are funny, aren't they?

Comments

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread