Two for Tuesday! I Will Buy You A New Life with One Hit Wonder

It's another installment of 'get this song into your head - so it gets out of mine'.
And a bonus Two for Tuesday, because I just didn't have time to hit "publish" on this blog yesterday.

We have this album, Everclear's So Much for the Afterglow, released in 1997, and it got put in the CD player the other week.

Yes, we are old-skoolin' it with actual CD's in a CD player.
(Not completely okd-skoolin' it with an AM Radio though)

As you may have forgotten, when you start a CD player, it plays only the songs that are in there. I do think we are lucky to have a 5 disc player, and I believe it does have a shuffle feature, but that is not set at the moment so it plays one CD, moves on to the next, repeat 5 times. Also, if you forgot, it is kind of a pain to find CD's you actually want to listen to from your 15-25 year old, rather large and vaired collection. So you put in a set of 5 CD's and there they stay for weeks.


So, this CD has been in the player, getting played again and again and again. It is actually a great CD to listen to from start to finish, not one song that you cringe to or want to skip. But, the songs do play over and over in your head as well.

Add to this the fact that we did more gardening this past weekend, and bam, "I will buy you a garden where your flowers can bloom..." is playing in your head, over and over, as you are planting the plant with flowers that will bloom.

The "new car, perfect shiny and new", would be nice as well. My ancient beater of a car is shaking rather oddly lately.

And that "big house in the west hills" ? Yeah, I do love the mountains so add that to the list.

Over and over the lyrics play. So give it a listen, I give it to you so I can get it out of my head.


The bonus song, One Hit Wonder, also is a sticker.


Especially when one comes home to their hubby painting on 5 small canvas boards at once, (I know I mentioned before he is an artist) all spread out on a table in the middle of his workspace, which just happens to be off the kitchen on the way to the living room. So, I walk in, the stereo is BLASTING loud, like at volume 52, to this song and he is there shaking his wee little booty like no tomorrow (or as they say here 'wee little bonky') singing along.

"They can't hurt you unless you let them
I will say it again
They cannot hurt you unless you let them"

Tru Dat! 
The lyrics talk about Loopy succeeding and making it to the big time. Only he can determine whether or not he can survive, which leaves him in control, which is what he wanted in the first place.
Sounds about right for a motivational song for an artist.


And good luck getting that chorus out of your head. Just typing the lyrics makes it play in my head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread