Friday Find - Stories, A Stormy Start, Snails, Plants, Flowers, and Coffee (or late coffee really)

Taking a minute to take stock of the week. It boils down to: Stories, A Stormy Start, Snails, Plants, Flowers, and Coffee (or late coffee really). Sounds nice and simple, right? Even if a little horrifying (late coffee....). But dang I am tired. It has been a long week!


Stories: I did manage to get some writing in, but I have to wait to share because it will be published (!) on this great site, Women Who Live On Rocks. It is a site featuring a fabulous group of women who, well, live on rocks. It is a collaboration of funny women writers celebrating the humorous quirks and eccentricities unique to island living. (See regular postings on the Facebook page.)

It will be my first article published there, and I am so excited to have a new outlet. Hubby stumbled across this site, and thought I would like to expand my writing a bit. As hubby said, it is more a story telling style, which he knew I would find rather challenging.


I also have been taking some photos, again, which I forgotten how much I like to do. So I am finding a wonderful relaxed joy in taking pictures on the whim. Mostly it is things I see right after I sit on the couch, out on the back patio or while sitting on the patio. So I just get up, grab the camera, and snap.


A Stormy Start: speaks for itself really. And YES, that is our kayak there, teasing me. Hubby even stenciled a jellyfish on it for me. Now, if I could only get out and use it more often.


Plants: I am ever thankful hubby has a green thumb. I love a lush porch.


Does anyone know the proper name of this tree hubby is growing? They call it a peanut tree here, but it does not grow peanuts - the seed looks just like one.


Snails. Tree climbing snails. They visit us each morning on the porch, usually at least 3 or 4 by the time I get up. Hubby says there are tons more before I get there, but I wonder if he sees snails that aren't there sometimes.....




Flowers: On this bush they are so incredibly fragrant! It flowers regularly, but not regularly enough that a new flower blooming doesn't make me smile. I always go and take a whiff.


Coffee, late. I woke up this morning, saw the flower, put all the water and coffee in the maker, and grabbed the camera to take the picture, then sat down waiting for that first, wonderful cup. After 15 minutes - nothing. DUH! I didn't press the power button. I uttered a few cuss words, pressed the damn button and plopped down waiting for that coffee, realizing it has been a long week. A good one, but long just the same.


I find I am so grateful for Fridays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread