Thursday Thought of the Day ~ Your Mind Will Quit......

from Pinterest via http://paleoaholic.com/
My mind was the one that had the bright idea to try the early morning Cross Fit class.
I knew I had to do it, get back to seriously exercising, but I was afraid.
I had not been to Cross Fit since the end of May.
Two WHOLE MONTHS.
Plus, I did very little in the way of any other exercise.
I stopped getting up early for run/walks.
I hardly walked on the beach.
Swim? Nope.
Kayak? Once.

Eat? Hell yeah! I ate. I ate pizza, fried fish with French fries (yumm), and more pizza, had cookies, pies, ice cream. I even broke down and had a Wendy's burger with French fries (yummm). (I LOVE French fries)

Ugh.

By yesterday, after polishing off half a pie in 2 days, I was downright feeling fat, disgusted with myself. Now, I DID enjoy everything I ate. I made sure to. I knew all along it would catch up with me. And yesterday it did. I felt like I was rolling down the hallways at work, sloshing around the house. When I sat I felt like Jabba the Hutt.

I know this is largely all in my head, but I sure felt it. Add to it the fact that my balance started getting worse, making me feel like I was drunk by losing balance in the shower, going down stairs, having trouble getting up from a crouched position, etc. It was time for some action.

So I did it. I consulted hubby, and the sweetie he is supported me 100%, even said he would get up before 5:30am with me so I could get out the door and be there by 6am. (In reality, I think he noticed me fluff up and finally admitted that me working out isn't such a bad thing.....) (He did not actually get up with me, as it turns out. He didn't come to bed till 3am - he was creating some artwork (!) so I forgive him)

I spent the whole of yesterday afternoon afraid, anxious, a sort of nervous dread. I knew what Cross Fit was like. I was in for a hard WOD (workout of the day for those of you not familiar with Cross Fit jargon). So I had to keep reminding myself: My mind started this whole thing, my body would be just fine.

from Pinterest via http://greatist.com/
Well? Was it fine, you ask?
Well, yes it was! I didn't sleep well, for fear of oversleeping and missing the class, but I made it there, and I survived. Dare I say it, but I really enjoyed it! YES, I really did. I even thought I could have used a heavier weight! True: I am sore and I am tired. If I sit for more than 10 minutes it hurts to get up. But I survived. And to top it all off, I heard Journey's Don't Stop Believin' on the radio on the way home......I won't stop believin', rock on! I could not have planned that if I tried.

So, I am going to go back. Next week, Thursday early morning class. The early morning workouts really are pretty good. There is some logic to 'get it done and out of the way' so you can get on with your day. It is not a crowded class either. Only truly crazy people can get their asses to the gym for Cross Fit at 6am. And have just as crazy hubby's who support that crazy. Again, thank you, hubby.

from Pinterest via http://www.someecards.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread