Slow Sunday

I commented to hubby this morning, "there is nothing better than having coffee with you, out here, on a Sunday morning".
"Bee Happy"photo courtesy of Raige Creations.
I totally felt that, right then, in the moment. I was truly enjoying my slightly sweetened and slightly creamy coffee, after a very good 3.1 mile run (I went past our place to get over the 3 mile mark....yes I was that runner today), and just relishing the moment (even tho hubby was trying to talk politics....my least favorite subject).

I feel I should add - this was all before 8am! I just realized at that moment, I was thankful for the slow Sunday we were enjoying.

You might say, "SLOW? you call getting up before 6am and running 3 miles slow?"

And to that I say, "YES!!"

I could get out of bed at my leisure, not because I HAD to at that moment. I got to go for that run, and witness a most beautiful sunrise, and watch an older gentleman line-fishing off shore in the forefront (I so wished I had a camera!). I could come home and have my coffee on the porch, with hubby. I did not have to rush anywhere. I could savour the moment. 

And what do I have planned for the rest of the day? Nothing, really, other than cooking a fairly easy dinner.

A nice, slow Sunday.

Oh, I might plan Music Monday too, thankful to get back to publishing a few little blogs here and there. But again, at my leisure. Nothing to rush to do.

It really has me thinking: Why aren't we thankful more often? Why don't we take the time to enjoy those little wonderful moments we experience? 

Slow things down, and take this slow Sunday to savour those little moments. Today, my was was with coffee and conversation. What is your way?

Comments

  1. We enjoyed our Sunday morning too, as we did our Saturday morning. I love weekends when we can sit on our porch. Just totally love them. And the entire weekend did not go as planned! But ... we spent it together, which was good. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, things rarely go as planned. The key is to roll with, and yes, find enjoyment. Good for you! I love weekends too - really the only time we savor the time.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread