Music Monday - The Curse

Two weeks in a row, my Mondays have been "cursed."
I won't go in to the details of last week, let's just say just when I though things couldn't get worse, well they did. (I mean, a car accident in the middle of that bad day wasn't even the worst.....bad stuff kept happening!!!)



Thankfully last week ended 100 times better than it started, so I wasn't even worried this morning.
Until.....
I did my normal morning routine, get the coffee pot ready and sit down and check emails (and of course FB to 'see what was going on the "world"') while it was brewing. After 10 minutes, I realized I didn't hear the usual gurgling from the coffee maker. Yup, didn't turn the damn thing on. Annoying at best, I had not though much more of it.


Then, while getting ready for work, I was sipping coffee. Yes, in the bathroom, which I have already heard is a "no-no", "unsanitary", "you know better", etc. But then, the worst part is, this is what happened.



It slid off the back of the toilet (I know, I know, gross, yes , I won't do it again) and I broke my recently favorite, cool and interesting Bermuda mug. {Only recently favorite because I broke my other former favorite mug....}


I became very fearful of how the rest of the day would play out. I mean, I had this feeling of dread, this fear that something truly awful was going to happen. So much stress and things going wrong has made me a tad emotional at the drop of a hat, and perhaps a bit irrational in the face of things going wrong.

I began believing my Monday's were cursed. After last week, that Monday was so bad, and then the start to today, I now have this irrational fear that the day is just going to get more terrible and awful. The cursed Monday.

Thank you, Disturbed, for having a song to say everything I was thinking this morning.
I sure hope I am wrong....

**By the way, be sure to watch their "The Sound of Silence" video. This has given me an all new respect for this somewhat hardcore band.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread