Music Monday! She Blinded Me With Science

I heard this on the radio the other day, and it made me want to bring back Music Mondays.
I love when old songs pop up, songs from the great days of this new channel - MTV!

That day, this song made me think of my son, the "science-y" one. (a term coined by my artfully creative daughter, the Art major, who was explaining her difficulty in a required science class, Psychology 101 - "yeah, the science-y stuff I dont' get).

He was explaining to me what he was wanting to study in graduate school - Molecular Biology and Bio Technology. Of course, he went in to more detail, all of which I listened to, probably looking like a lost child trying to keep up.



I am fiercly proud of my son, who is about to graduate with a Bachelors of Science degree in Biology, for his brilliant mind and passion for "science-y stuff" (including cellular biolgy and DNA sequencing). I just can't wrap my head around most of it. But I will always listen, with the glass-eyed "what the heck are you talking about?" look. I will never fully understand it, but I will always listen.

And, yes, I will now always associate this great song from the early MTV days, way back in 1982, with my "science-y" son.






[And yes - I have used this song before for Music Monday! But in a totally different way. (with my other "science-y" son, who now is into Computer Science!) It may have been a One-Hit Wonder, Number 13!, but it is entertaining enough to post many times, and if I think about it, many many songs make me think of my kids. ]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread