Friday Find ~ A Good Run Happens When You Least Expect It.

I started out my run today feeling more like walking. My legs were a little stiff-slash-sore, my knee letting me know I have been working out. So, I decided in my mind that today that I could take it easy. So I walked up that long steep hill at the end of my driveway.

Of course, I was out this morning at the school drop off time, and the traffic on my road and at the top of the hill was quite busy, making me glad I was taking it easy today. The entrance to the school was crazy, parents trying to get in, parent trying to get out, so I thought it best that I ran to get out of the way.  Well, once I started running, I just kept running. I felt like I was going an easy pace, still thinking I could make is a nice and easy run, nothing fast, not really pushing myself. So I ran.

I didn't push too hard, took it slow, and even snapped some pictures...not the best, but still it made me appreciate the beauty around, and appreciate the fact I was not breathing too heavy, and didn't hurt, and didn't care what I looked like. I just ran.

Me, looking like Forrest Gump,
sans beard of course.....
Yes I know this sounds like Forrest Gump. I have referenced him before, because when I think 'I just felt like running' I think it in Forrest Gumps voice. I even hear that lady on the bench listening to his story say 'So, you just ran!'. I did just see the movie, again, the other day so this is fresh in my memory.

Forrest Runn-innggg
So when I was walking up the driveway, taking pics trying to decide what today's Friday Find would be, I found my shadow LOOKED like Forrest Gump when he was running, somewhere in the middle of his 3 years, 5 months, and 2 days of running. 

So, I laughed. Yes, my silhouette looks like Forrest's would have looked here in this picture. But I don't care. I just ran, and I felt good! It turns out I went farther than usual and at a very decent time! Even walking some, I managed a similar time to when I run the whole time!
My Running/Walking Log for April as of today.
Best of all, my Friday Find, which I was having a difficult time actually finding, is that I found a good run sometimes happens when you least expect it.

Have a wonderful Friday, and I hope you have find something fabulous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread