Be free-floating, allowing the situation to surround you, and be in it. Take in the full surroundings, including the temperature of the water.
This may bring incredible clarity, presence and focus. This is what is means to be a jellyfish.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Find ~ A Good Run Happens When You Least Expect It.

I started out my run today feeling more like walking. My legs were a little stiff-slash-sore, my knee letting me know I have been working out. So, I decided in my mind that today that I could take it easy. So I walked up that long steep hill at the end of my driveway.

Of course, I was out this morning at the school drop off time, and the traffic on my road and at the top of the hill was quite busy, making me glad I was taking it easy today. The entrance to the school was crazy, parents trying to get in, parent trying to get out, so I thought it best that I ran to get out of the way.  Well, once I started running, I just kept running. I felt like I was going an easy pace, still thinking I could make is a nice and easy run, nothing fast, not really pushing myself. So I ran.

I didn't push too hard, took it slow, and even snapped some pictures...not the best, but still it made me appreciate the beauty around, and appreciate the fact I was not breathing too heavy, and didn't hurt, and didn't care what I looked like. I just ran.

Me, looking like Forrest Gump,
sans beard of course.....
Yes I know this sounds like Forrest Gump. I have referenced him before, because when I think 'I just felt like running' I think it in Forrest Gumps voice. I even hear that lady on the bench listening to his story say 'So, you just ran!'. I did just see the movie, again, the other day so this is fresh in my memory.

Forrest Runn-innggg
So when I was walking up the driveway, taking pics trying to decide what today's Friday Find would be, I found my shadow LOOKED like Forrest Gump when he was running, somewhere in the middle of his 3 years, 5 months, and 2 days of running. 

So, I laughed. Yes, my silhouette looks like Forrest's would have looked here in this picture. But I don't care. I just ran, and I felt good! It turns out I went farther than usual and at a very decent time! Even walking some, I managed a similar time to when I run the whole time!
My Running/Walking Log for April as of today.
Best of all, my Friday Find, which I was having a difficult time actually finding, is that I found a good run sometimes happens when you least expect it.

Have a wonderful Friday, and I hope you have find something fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!