Music Monday! Who Let The Dogs Out?

After 2 full days of rain, it was good to have the sky not weeping, and to get out for a run!

BUT...as I walked up the hill to begin my run, I noticed a neighborhood family of dogs out for a walk. Now if you don't know, our puppy is afraid of other dogs, and this particular duo of dogs is a bit aggressive. I also was not in the mood to deal with the pulling of leashes, and the necessary pleasantries it would take to get by this gentleman and his two excitable dogs.

So what did I do? I turned down the side street I usually avoid. Why do I avoid it? It is one long, sloping and fairly steep hill. Going down is no problem, but up...well I have never been able to run up the entire hill.
After seeing the dogs, and not wanting to have to pass them, I decided today was HILL DAY. Today I would do it! On a Monday no less. All the while thinking...WHO LET THE DOGS OUT!?! woof woof woof woof........


I wish I could tell you I ran up the entire hill. I didn't. I almost made it, but just had to walk to keep my lungs from burning and my legs from giving out. I did make it farther than any other time, but alas, the last full yard I had to walk. 

I was proud still, and started running as soon as I caught my breath. But wouldn't you know it, I soon could see the dogs ahead. Again, not wanting to pass this crew, I turned down another sides street, yes with hills. So today was hill workout. And it turns out I ran slash walked 3.26 miles today, with and average pace of 11:51 minute miles. Not too bad considering hills were involved. 
So I say in the end, LET THOSE DOGS OUT, but get back scruffy, get back scruffy, get back you flea infested mongrel. (OK, he doesn't say get back scruffy apparently, but to me it sounds like that so I am goin' with it! I  think Scruffy is a good name for a few dogs in this neighborhood)

Yes, Rolling Stone ranked this song as the 3rd of the 20 most annoying songs, but it is still a great way to get through a Monday. Right? 

Besides, hills are a great way to start the week, no? If we start with the most difficult, everything is easier from here on out. Right?

Woof!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread