Walking on Wednesday ~ All I Wanted for Christmas

I think I am officially in the 'Runner' camp now. I totally relate to this card here. In fact, that is all I asked for for Christmas. All I asked for was related to running. I asked for new running shoes, I asked for new running clothes, I asked for fun socks to run in (specified that the clothes should show off said socks as well), and I even asked for my son (the music encyclopedia) to make me a running playlist. 

I could not think of anything else I really wanted. I tried to think of other things, but these are all I could honestly say I really wanted. (Ironically, I repeatedly requested these things over the week before Christmas, the week I ran only 2 days.) Christmas came, and I got all these things, feeling guilty that I didn't even run Christmas day. 
But I ran today. My new clothes, my new music, saving my new shoes for a drier day (I have a thing about soaking new shoes when I first get them), and ran farther than my normal 2 miles. My goal now to reach 3 miles before March. 
I have become a runner. Sounds funny to me. Sounds a little crazy. I am not one of those thin, muscular runner woman types. (Hubby says the kind that run their boobs off...I am definitely not that type) 
I am the one who looks completely dorky running, breathes really heavy while mouthing the words to the music. I still jiggle, my left eye tears almost non stop when I run, and lately my nose keeps running right along with me. I know I am a full fledged runner because I don't care at all that I look dorky, that I am a bit chubby, that I wipe my nose on my sleeve. I could care less what I look like when I run. I find I like the sweat dripping down my face, neck, and chest. I am in my own world when I am out there running, and it is pretty nice there.
I am a runner because I run. 
I find it therapeutic, I find it necessary. I find I think more clearly when running, and I also find I run better when I am thinking. 
So yes, I am one of those runners who talks about running like it is the answer to life, the universe, and everything. I know it is not. 
But all I wanted for Christmas was related to running. I wanted to feel even better running, and I love all of what I got. 
Our humble and cozy decor this year.
And yes that is Sponge Candy from Kelly's Country Store next to the tree.
It is THE best, and a family Christmas tradition for as long as I can remember
I will need to run more........
It was a perfect Christmas. But really it was perfect because I spent it relaxed and with my wonderful family. No big tree, no lavish gifts. Just time with everyone together. What I want every Christmas to be going forward too. And of course, by then, I will need a new pair of running shoes and outfits to match, and undoubtedly will need an updated playlist.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread