Music Monday! My Name Is Mud

A Name. What's in a name? 
 
Sometimes a whole lot, sometimes absolutely nothing. 

Looking for some inspiration from my 2 kids while taking them to school yesterday (missed bus), the car ahead of me had a license plate with BCK in it. This reminded me of my name - Beck. Most of you know me as Rebecca, but really this is a more recent preference of mine. I spent my whole life being Becky or Beck. (Sometime  Bekkage, Beckarooni, Roo, and even Beth-a misunderstanding of Beck). Not Rebecca. But here - and now - I am Rebecca. 
 
The radio kept me thinking about names by playing 2 different songs with women's names on the ride - Allison, and MaryAnn (well, the song is Tree By the River). And then there is the famous Peggy Sue or Delilah. There is a song Beth, and even one for my sis, Sandra Dee (except she is Sandra J, close enough), and my other sister Suzie Q, (tho she is simply Susie). 
 
Names. Shakespeare really got it right: A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. 
 
Unless your name is MUD

Still, better than Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie, that's long for MUD, so I've been told.

When we were little my siblings both wanted completely different names, my sister even made Christmas stockings with their 'chosen' names on them! Me? I only decided when I reached middle age that I wanted to go BACK to my given name. 

How about you? Have you ever wanted to change your name, or be called something other than your given name? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread