Today, after 2 weeks of not going for my walk, I decided it may be a good idea to note all the reasons, i.e. excuses, I have not been for a walk in so long. I started this series in the hopes of having it motivate me to walk, to keep with my goal of losing another 5 or so pounds, and to get in shape.
|Lady J is always ready for a walk.|
It started out good, I grabbed the leash and the dog and I set out. Sometimes I was lucky enough to have my daughter with me, but often I just ventured out on my own, well me and the dog.
But for the last couple weeks, I have not been for a walk. And all day today, I just couldn't bring myself to get out the door.
Why? What is stopping me? Well, not surprisingly I have a bunch of different reasons that are ultimately excuses.
Here are some, but by no means an exhaustive list.
|fun to have coffee with|
Lucky Bug Mug Cozy
1. It is too early (I need a nice cup of coffee, and think I'll check my email while I have it. by then, see number 2)
2. It is too late (I gotta start thinking about dinner)
3. The dog will get dirty, and thus lead to me having to bathe her (I am not up for that on top of the walk)
4. It is too HOT
5. I just can't do those hills today
6. I have too much work to do
7. I have been doing laundry today, and thus been up and down the basement stairs several times. That counts as exercise.
8. I don't have any clean walking clothes, and I don't want to get my good bras all sweaty.
9. My knee hurts (old injury that acts up every now and then)
10. It is too hot (I know I said that one already, but today it was REALLY hot!)
Yes, I admit it, all excuses. Poor ones.
I really should be making a list of why I SHOULD be going on my walks, that would be more productive for sure. But sometimes you have to look at why you aren't doing something, to figure out why you should be doing something. Sometimes you need to overcome the reasons why not to get to the reasons why.
|What I could miss if I don't go for my walk.|
So now I will be thinking of all the reasons why I SHOULD be going for walks regularly again. For example, the chance to enjoy nature's beauties, like these Trumpet Flowers. Hummingbirds are attracted to these, so perhaps the chance to see those delicate birds!
That is just ONE! I know there are many more, but would love to hear some fresh ideas and words of encouragement from you. Because, as they say, it is easier to work out with a buddy.
So, be my buddies and tell me some reasons why that I may not think of. And hopefully it will be cooler tomorrow, the right time, and I will be up for bathing the dog if she gets dirty. And I will walk, your encouragement helping me out the door.