Thankful For ~ Agatha Christie and Time Off

Grateful. Thankful. It is said if we acknowledge what we are thankful for regularly it will make us happy. If we write down what we are grateful for we live a more fulfilled life.

Lately, I am thankful for a good murder mystery. Who doesn't love a good murder mystery? Or is it just me?

Source

Reading, of course. I mean reading good, fictional murder stories. Though I am slightly fascinated by stories of serial killers, but that is another tangent, and lately I just like a good book that has a murder mystery to solve.

I have been gobbling up suspense and mystery books lately. With the 'rona and being stuck on this rock I have been lucky enough to call home during it all, reading has kept me away from the news, which is a different kind of scary, and allowed me room to see different worlds and times all from the comfort of my couch.

I have read mystery after mystery. Very light reading, most of them mildly predictable, but humorous and entertaining. This author, I like. I have read several of her books in several of her series. They are fun - plus there are recipes of the pies and sweets mentioned in the books so a win-win there. They are just plain fun reading.

Then, I searched for a free Kindle book, (I have mentioned before my love of my Kindle ) and suddenly an Agatha Christie popped up as free to borrow book! The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Awe.Some. 

And now I am totally hooked. A great, thought provoking author. A surprise ending. I have now decided to start reading Monsieur Hercule Poirot's adventures from the beginning. (buy it here

Source

And now, I want to see the movie of The Orient Express, after I read the book of course. I didn't even know that came out until I started searching for Agatha Christie books. 

From 20th Century Fox
(I know, I know, where have I been....I am so out of the loop with new movies....and that one isn't even new...)

My vacation, err staycation because we can't travel anywhere, thanks 'rona, has been full of reading. There are worse ways to spend vacations. Even though I didn't get to travel in real life this time, I got to travel in time, to great scenes of mysterious happenings, all in these books. I got to be at home, in different worlds.

I am thankful for great authors, like Agatha, she wrote some good stuff. Here are a great collection of her quotes

From The Minds Journal

And reading. I am thankful for reading too. And the time off to full immerse myself in different words and times.

What are you thankful for these days?

Comments

  1. I'm very thankful I managed to sell our house during the pandemic -- and moved just two weeks before Juniper Hills became a post-apocalyptic moonscape. I'm incredibly grateful to be retired, have no mortgage, a sweet little house in big trees near the water with lovely neighbors and the best kid I could ever hope for snoozing in the next room. And cool family, even though they're far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have wonderful things to be grateful for! And the best part is you acknowledge the things you are grateful for. I am grateful for cool family far away too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread