Weekend Musings ~ Be One of Us

It seems I am always writing in my head, but can't seem to get it written on the computer until I have a long weekend. A long weekend meant for relaxing.

This long weekend sneaked up on me. Work has been so incredibly busy for the last month, someone asked me what I was doing for the long weekend and I had no idea what they were talking about. But suddenly I looked forward to a nice, slow, long coffee mornings, weekend.

What a few weeks it has been! I won't bore you with work, no. Instead, I will share how wonderful hubby has been through all this. This week he was the one that brought a smile to my face one morning, after his foray at the bulk store, by putting this little guy in the cupboard.
GOOD MORNING MR SQUIRREL!
Koffee Kult
How can you NOT smile with this crazy looking squirrel greeting you? Plus, I got one squirrel point! Whatever that is....I love squirrels, and this crazy one has me smiling before I even make the coffee, which is no small feat.

Hubby also bought ground lamb, and then proceeded to make the absolute best meatballs I have ever had. To top it all off, he made some bread too!! Once upon a time, he was a bread-making machine.
Bread in progress
But it had been a while. So I was oh so pleasantly surprised to come home from a grueling day at work to a house that smelled of yummy meatballs and sauce mixed with that mouth watering fresh bread smell. Heaven.
Yummy homemade bread by hubby
And then, a bizarre interesting thing happened. Shattering, even.

Shattered, yet beautiful.
Our porch table. One day, the glass just shattered.Hubby just walked out there and found it shattered. No big event, just perhaps a gust of wind that moved the umbrella just enough to shatter the old glass.

Of course not in a neat pile like this. Hubby carefully swept it all in this very neat pile, glistening there in the sun. But the shatter was still just as shocking.
Poof, table gone.
So now we have 6 chairs, no table.

Shattered Glass - It sparkles so much in the sun.
But, it is beautiful how it sparkles in the sun. So there it sits waiting to be put in a box for hubby to make some kind of yard sculpture. Ah, being married to an artist. Saves almost anything he thinks he can use for an art piece. This one will be a concrete sculpture of some kind, hopefully soon. Yes, there are many things saved for projects that have yet to come to fruition, wait that have not yet been started. But, his creative juices are flowing and I bet this will become a sparkly concrete sculpture soon.

Anyways, no more koffee on the table out back. Ah the good old days, a place to put your lovely little squirrel koffee.....
Ah the good old day, when we could put our koffee ON a table....
Then there was the mint. This popped up in the middle of the mint.


Its leaves smelled like mint, but we have never seen mint do this. Not sure what it is. Except beautiful. And fragrant. And yummy. This would probably be excellent in some koffee......

So a week of surprises, good and bad. Frustrating and yummy and beautiful.
Could it have been the koffee that set the tone of the days?
I think the koffee is really good, have thoroughly enjoyed it, and enjoyed the wonderful and interesting things that have happened this week.


Yes, it could be the koffee. After a week of it, I said to hubby, I think we became one of the Koffee Kult, and I am one of the squirrels. I am hooked. I may even say it was the koffee squirrel that has made me so busy this week, and this weekend. No easy relaxing mornings or days for me.

Besides getting out nice and early for my training for the sea swim, I have been crazy organizing things, finding homes for things that should have found homes long ago, getting rid of some things. Putting out more artwork, moving furniture around, cleaning.

Found a great deal on this used desk too. I had been searching all week and suddenly on Saturday morning I found this someone was selling online and it was such a good deal I had to act fast. Now hubby can properly have a computer space that is not in the art room, where he is anxiously awaiting a pottery wheel to put in the art room so he can get back to his roots and create some killer ceramics. I told you his creative juices are flowing.

I have been a busy little squirrel. I have become one of them, the koffee kult. And tomorrow is a holiday, where I will hopefully relax. But we do still have the coffee....and I am going to get a workout in at the 'gym'. I can swim a mile now! Could that be the koffee too??? And now I am spelling it KOFFEE! I am one of them....

I look forward to seeing you, Mr. Squirrel, what will you bring us next week???


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread