Friday Find ~ The Hawk and the Squirrel

Sounds like the title of a story, and very well could be. But today, it is simply the caption of the photo I found the while going through my computer pictures. It was taken from far away, as Red Tailed Hawks are rather skittish around us humans. I honestly didn't even notice the squirrel when I was taking the picture. 
The Hawk and the Squirrel
This photo was taken right in our yard, this view is from the kitchen window. 

I often get lost on pictures. I enjoy reminiscing, I wonder why the time goes by so fast when I see pictures of the kids past birthdays, and wonder WHY I took some pictures.....
I am not sure why I took this picture.....
 and then congratulate myself on some great shots! 
The Praying Mantis in a Jar 1.
(great shot 1)

The Praying Mantis in a Jar 2.
(great shot 2)
I should have been working, updating spreadsheets, but instead I got lost on photos. It is a nice vacation from the present sometimes. It is a nice thought of the time I used to have to take pictures like this.

My goal is to get back to taking more pictures, not with my phone. To see the small things and make them bigger than they are in our normal everyday life. To honor nature, interesting compilations for no apparent reason, to view and inspect this world with that sense of wonder that I somehow have no time for now. 
It was a wonder that they each put up with each other
for those very few minutes they found each other
wanting the same spot.
To showcase the simple things in life, for it is the simple things that make life great. The usually unnoticed, uncomplicated stories of the hawk and the squirrel, the rocks, the praying mantis, and the dog and cat. 

As rough and tough as the world is, don't forget to see the beauty in the simple things.

Comments

  1. The hawk and squirrel shot is great, and I like the shot of the rocks! I hope you enjoy taking out your camera and getting more photos of nature. I love that quote, it is exactly how I am trying to live my life these days.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread